Home | Discount Program | Agent Access Login | Submit Claim | NEED HELP? CALL US.
Forms   |   Services   |   Claims   |   About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Links
Claims happen and when they do, our team of professionals are experts in handling claims and litigation involving Idaho's public entities.

Contact Claims:

Local              208-336-3100
Toll Free         800-336-1985
Email              intake@icrmp.org
Fax                 208-336-2100

Reporting a Claim

What you need to know if you are a member of ICRMP and what the steps are in reporting a claim.
How do I report a claim?

Click on 'Submit Claim' at the top of this page. If you cannot complete the claim online, use an ICRMP 'MEMBER CLAIM SUBMISSION' form. The most important item we need is a general description of what happened, in your own words, in order to determine the coverage that will apply.

Printable Claims Forms:

Notice of Tort
Member Notice of Potential Claim
Member Claim Submission

Online Claim Submittal:

Online Member Claim Submission
Online Member Notice of Potential Claim

Who do I report the claim to?

Any claim, including lawsuits, IHRC complaints, and EEOC complaints that you receive by another person filing a claim against your entity or a claim that you file with ICRMP must be reported either online through the ICRMP website or by:

          Fax: (208) 336-2100
          E-mail: intake@icrmp.org

What happens once ICRMP receives the claim?

Once the claim has been reviewed by the claims manager for assignment and coverage, claims personnel will start the investigation. We make every attempt to contact you within 24 hours after we have received the claim. If the claim involves a person filing a claim against your entity, we will also try to contact them within 24 hours. After the investigation is complete, the claims person handling your claim will contact you with a recommendation as to how the claim will be handled.

If a person is injured on our property, do they have to file a claim for damage?

Not always. If someone is injured, other than an employee, on your premises, by all means see that the injured person receives adequate first aid treatment. There is coverage under the ICRMP policy called PREMISES MEDICAL PAYMENTS to take care of emergency situations with a limit of $5,000. In these instances where an employee has witnessed such an event and is assisting the injured party, a "NOTICE OF TORT FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY" form is not required to be completed by the injured person. However, if the injured person is claiming more injuries or injuries in excess of the $5,000, then they will need to file a claim against your entity.

What is a Tort?

Explanation of why a claim filed against a public entity is called a tort.
What is a tort?

Basically, a tort is a civil wrong that results in damages or injuries. As a public entity, you fall under the Idaho Tort Claims Act. This Act defines what needs to be done to file a claim against a public entity. It also lists several protections for public entities in the event of a claim.

What do I do when someone wants to file a claim against my entity?

We have included a "NOTICE OF TORT FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY" form on our website. This form is provided to assist you in the process of handling this type of claim and to make it easier for everyone involved. People who want to file a claim against your entity do not have to use this particular form. They can submit a claim to your entity on separate paper, but it must be in written form and meet the requirements outlined by the Idaho Tort Claims Act. Verbally telling you about a claim does not satisfy the filing of a claim against your entity. Sometimes, you will receive a claim for damage from an attorney representing an injured person. Do not be alarmed. Though an attorney is involved, it is still just a claim for damage; a suit has not yet been filed. One last item, it is important to understand that "filed" simply means that the claim has been presented to the clerk or secretary for consideration. The claim can be mailed or hand-delivered.


My entity was just served a summons and complaint, now what?
What do I do when a suit is filed?

Upon receipt of a 'SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT', you should call ICRMP immediately at 800-336-1985.

Also advise your attorney and fax us at 208-336-2100, the Summons and Complaint.

We must respond to a Summons and Complaint within 20 days or judgment can be entered against your entity without any other information. Time is of the essence. Notify people served that a Claims Representative from ICRMP and an attorney, hired by ICRMP, will be contacting them. Provide all requested documentation to the Claims person and the attorney. The Defense Counsel will be selected by ICRMP.

Remember, the attorney works for YOU but is directed by ICRMP.

Who's Handling Our Claims?

Who are the people at ICRMP servicing our claims?
Who's handling our claim?

We understand that claims processing is just one of the many hats that Risk Managers wear. ICRMP's Claims Department will assist you in the performance of this responsibility. Our staff is comprised of highly qualified personnel to be of service to our members in the handling of claims.

Claims Manager
Scott Oldham is responsible for the overall operation of the Claims Department. He provides direct supervision for all department staff, develops and implements claim handling procedures and ensures that claims are being handled with courtesy and professionally. Scott has many years of experience in handling claims and will ensure membership dollars are used conservatively.

Senior Claims Specialist
Randall Spencer is located in Boise and primarily serves southern Idaho. Randall has been in the insurance business for over 20 years. He has developed an expertise in investigating claims, analyzing damages and liability, and coverage issues.

Senior Claims Specialist
George Blickenstaff lives in Kellogg and provides claim services to our members in the northern part of the state. He has twelve years of experience in the insurance industry. Prior to working in the insurance field, he was an Alaska State Trooper. He brings a wealth of knowledge to ICRMP in the police liability field and general tort liability.

Claims Specialist
Carol Lukesh handles claims for all of Idaho, both property damage and liability. Prior to ICRMP, she worked as a Recovery Specialist for banks here in Idaho. Her ability to work with people in difficult situations in a positive manner assists in her ability to work with people who file claims against our members.

Claims Specialist
Kimberly Shoen works an abbreviated schedule and can be reached every day between 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM. Kimberly has worked in the claims field for over five years handling bodily injury claims as well as property damage claims.

Senior Claims Technician
Mildred Gharrring works part-time and can be reached on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. Mildred has been with ICRMP for 20 years. Prior to coming into the claims department, she was an ICRMP Board Member and served as a Washington County Commissioner. She has a great understanding of local governement issues.

3100 Vista Avenue, Suite 300 · Boise, ID 83705 · (208) 336-3100 · Fax (208) 336-2100 · email: intake@icrmp.org Privacy · Legal Disclaimer